The Legal Aid Society of Rockland County (LASRC) seeks an experienced paralegal for its Children’s Rights Division in our New City, New York office.
- Opening and closing of cases when received by the Family Court.
- Drafting, preparing, and filing legal documents with the courts including affidavits of service and case-specific affirmations. Some legal research using Westlaw is required.
- Maintenance of files, completion of requisite office forms, and familiarity with office procedures; familiarity with Microsoft 365 application required; familiarity with case management application preferred.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in area(s) of specialization.
- Fluency in Spanish, Creole or Yiddish is preferred. Qualified applicants with all levels of experience will be considered.
Program Profile: Rockland County is a suburb located 30 miles northwest of New York City. LASRC has represented clients in civil cases since its inception in 1965. Since 1989 LASRC has also represented children in family court. Our clients are racially, religiously and linguistically diverse.
Compensation: Salary DOE, excellent benefits.
Application Process: Please complete the form below. If you prefer, you may e-mail a resume and a cover letter to Laraine Marra, Office Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legal Aid Society is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.